Zantedeschia 'Red Alert'
Known as "Calla lily" which need lifting after they have flowered and before the frost.
Flower Colour: Red
Flowering Time: June-September
Planting time: Spring
Soil type: Well drained
Planting depth: 2x depth of bulb
Sold as: Rhizome, large (30+)
Please note: Dispatch is from the beginning of March 2019
Zantedeschia [Calla Lily] care
- Plant when danger of frost has passed and the soil has warmed.
- Set bulb in moist but well drained soil.
- Plant 5cm/2” deep and 15cm/6” apart.
- They thrive in full sun, but will tolerate some shade.
- Good in pots and containers.
- When finished flowering allow foliage to die back and then lift the bulbs before the winter frosts.
- Store in a dry, warm frost free location.
- If left in pots over Winter, be sure the compost is left completely dry, and repot in fresh compost the following Spring.
Please note: The only hardy variety of Zantedeschia and one that can stand wet conditions is the ‘Aethiopica’.