Tigridia pavonia mixed
Also known as "Tiger flower". Each flower only lasting a day, but a succession of flowers appearing over weeks.
Flower Colour: Mixed
Flowering Time: July-Aug
Planting time: Spring
Position: Sun/part shade
Soil type: Well drained
Planting depth: 5cm/2"
Sold as: Bulb, (7/9)
Please note: Dispatch is from the beginning of March 2019
- Plant when danger of frost has passed and soil has warmed.
- Can be planted in borders or pots, making sure there is good drainage.
- Alternatively start them off in a greenhouse.
- Plant twice the depth of the bulb.
- Water well after planting and keep moist during the growing season.
- Let the foliage die back naturally, so the goodness can go back into the bulb.
- Lift dry and store in a dry frost free location, before the first frosts start.