Polianthes tuberosa 'The Pearl
Known for its highly scented cluster of flowers. Best grown in warm sunny conditions.
Flower Colour: Creamy white
Flowering Time: August
Planting time: Spring
Soil type: Well drained
Planting depth: 2x depth of bulb
Sold as: Tuber
Please note: Dispatch is from the beginning of March 2019
Polianthes tuberosa care.
- Plant when danger of frost has passed and soil has warmed.
- Plant 15cm/6” deep in well drained soil, in a sunny position.
- Water in well after planting and keep moist in the growing season.
- Better in pots or containers, making it easier to move to a warmer location
indoors when it gets cold.
- Polianthus will require lifting, drying and
storing when wintry exposed conditions prevail.
- Best overwintered in a warm location, such as a conservatory or warm greenhouse.