The "Black-eyed chincherinchee" of which the flower lasts for weeks, even as a cut flower.
Flower Colour: White
Flowering Time: Summer
Planting time: Spring
Soil type: Well drained
Planting depth: 2-3 x depth of bulb
Sold as: Bulb
Please note: Dispatch is from the beginning of March 2019
Ornithogalum Saundersiae care
- Plant when danger of frost has passed and the soil has warmed.
- Can be planted in pots or containers or in the ground.
- Plant 2-3 times the depth of the bulb, in well drained soil and 15cm/6” apart.
- When leaves die back and turn yellow, the bulbs need lifting and storing in a warm area. They will not survive the Winter outdoors.
- If in pots or containers take these indoors for the Winter also, into a warm shed or greenhouse for example.
- Be sure to renew the compost the following season.