"Four o'clock flower" is another name. Scented flowers opening at four in the afternoon.
Flower Colour: Mixed (pinks, reds, whites and yellows )
Flowering Time: June-July
Planting time: Spring
Soil type: Well drained
Planting depth: Half inch of bulb showing above soil
Sold as: Bulb
Please note: Dispatch is from the beginning of March 2019
- Plant when danger of frost has passed and soil has warmed.
- Alternatively start them off in a greenhouse.
- Can be planted in the ground or in pots or containers.
- Plant in well drained soil with the tip of the bulb showing.
- Need a sunny location.
- Let the foliage die back naturally, to put the
goodness back in the bulb.
- Mirabilis need shelter and dry conditions over winter.