Liatris spicata 'Alba'
The dense "blazing star" or " prairie gay feather "is a herbaceous perennial bulb.
Flower Colour: White
Flowering Time: July-August
Planting time: Spring
Position: Sun/part shade
Soil type: Well drained
Planting depth: 2 x depth of bulb
Sold as: Bulb, (10/12)
Please note: Dispatch is from the beginning of March 2019
- Plant when danger of frost has passed and soil has warmed.
- Alternatively start them off in a greenhouse.
- Good in borders, pots or containers.
- Make sure soil is well drained, planting 2- 3 times the depth of the bulb.
- Water well after planting and keep moist.
- Let the foliage die back naturally, to put the goodness back in the bulb.
- In the right conditions these bulbs will naturalise.
- Hardy in all but extreme conditions.