Known as "ginger lily", half hardy and needs sunny warm conditions.
Flower Colour: Yellow
Flowering Time: August-October
Planting time: Spring
Soil type: Well drained
Planting depth: Just below surface
Sold as: Rhizome, very large rhizomes
Please note: Dispatch is from the beginning of March 2019
- Plant when danger of frost has passed and soil has warmed.
- Plant 15cm/6” deep in well drained soil, in a sunny position.
- Water in well after planting and keep moist in the growing season.
- Hedychium need planting horizontally.
- Best overwintered in a warm location, such as a conservatory or warm greenhouse.