A species that will grow in woodland, shrubby conditions and in rockeries.
Flower Colour: Pink
Flowering Time: October/December
Planting time: Autumn
Position: Sun/part shade
Soil type: Well drained/moist
Planting depth: 3cm/1"
Sold as: Tuber
- Plant when danger of frost has passed and soil has warmed.
- Alternatively start them off in a greenhouse.
- Good in borders, pots or containers.
- Make sure soil is well drained, planting 2- 3 times the depth of the bulb.
- Water well after planting and keep moist.
- Let the foliage die back naturally, to put the goodness back in the bulb.
- In the right conditions these bulbs will naturalise.
- Hardy in all but extreme conditions.