Sold as:Crocosmia 'John Boots'
Better known as montbretia.
Flower Colour: Yellow
Flowering Time: August-September
Planting time: Spring
Position: Sun/part shade
Soil type: Well drained
Planting depth: 2x depth of bulb
Sold as: Corm, (6+)
Please note: Dispatch is from the beginning of March 2019
- Plant when danger of frost has passed and soil has warmed.
- Alternatively start them off in a greenhouse.
- Good in borders, pots or containers.
- Make sure soil is well drained, planting 2- 3 times the depth of the bulb.
- Water well after planting and keep moist.
- Let the foliage die back naturally, to put the goodness back in the bulb.
- In the right conditions these bulbs will naturalise.
- Hardy in all but extreme conditions.
- Crocosmia can take a while to establish themselves.